Hike Zion National Park
Make a difference in the fight against IBD
More than 17,000 people have crossed the finish line in orange for a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, triathlon, IRONMAN®, and cycle event… and now, you can join us as Team Challenge takes on hiking Zion National Park in 2020! Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast, or you’re new to the trails, we have a hiking option for you, including certified guides who will take you on an epic experience at this beautiful park!
Below are all the details for this experience of a lifetime. Due to limited availability, this is a first come first serve opportunity and spots do sell out quickly. Please review the information below in detail, as this program works slightly different than a typical Team Challenge event.
About The Hike
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has partnered with Adventure Fundraising, a hiking and adventure travel destination management group, who is assisting us in a new way to fight IBD!
- February 2020 - Registration opens
- September 8, 2020 - Fundraising goal deadline
- September 18 - 20, 2020 - Event weekend
- October 20, 2020 - Reimbursement round for any final fundraising charges
- 8 to 12 week training plan, virtual training calls and guide support
- Personal fundraising website and fundraising resources
- Full-time Foundation staff support to help you reach your goals
- Lodging accommodations
- Park site entry fees, individual hiker permit fees
- Select meals throughout the weekend
- Team Challenge gear
- One to two park certified hiking guides
- The experience of a lifetime
What You Are Responsible For
- Personal travel insurance - *required*
- Personal hiking gear to include, but not limited to polls, hiking boots, 30-35L day pack with 3L bladder, appropriate hiking clothing, etc
- Transportation to and from Zion - no transportation included
- Most meals event weekend
*Hike distances are subject to change due to weather and/or permits*
- This experience offers two days of hiking in Zion, a total of 9 miles. Hikers of all skill levels will find success in this trek with our ability to cater to those who are brand new or experienced and looking for more of a challenge .
- Day 1 - Zion's most infamous hike, Angel's Landing - 6 hours of hiking, approximately 5 miles
- Day 2 - The magnificent slot in the canyon know as the Narrows. Hike among waterfalls and many fascinating geological features! - 3 hours of hiking, approximately 4 miles.
- The Fundraising commitment for the Zion National Park hike is $4,900.
- Unlike other Team Challenge events, all registered participants for this event must commit up front to raising $4,900. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a credit card during the registration process. You will NOT be charged or have a hold for $4900 when you register, this card just remains on file until Final Fundraising on September 8, 2020.
- The Fundraising goal deadline is September 8, 2020, anyone who has not raised $4,900 by September 8, 2020 will be charged the difference.
- Participants will have 30 days after the hike to continue fundraising. There will be one reimbursement round on October 20, 2020 for those who raise additional funds and request a reimbursement.
- There are no drops or transfers, we have to provide the National Park with names and payments well in advance and for this reason, no drops are permitted as we cannot fill your spot.
Feel free to contact the Grand Canyon Team Manager, Brianne Creedon!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (646) 285-8022