Hike the Appalachian Trail
Make a difference in the fight against IBD
More than 17,000 people have crossed the finish line in orange for a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, triathlon, IRONMAN®, and cycle event… and now, you can join us as Team Challenge takes on a brand new hike location this spring! Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast and experienced camper, or you’re new to the trails, we have a hiking option for you, including certified guides who will take you on an epic experience on the coveted Appalachian Trail.
Below are all the details for this experience of a lifetime. Reserve your spot and register today. Please review the information below in detail - especially the fundraising commitment, as this program works slightly different than a typical Team Challenge event.
About The Hike
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has partnered with Adventure Fundraising, a hiking and adventure travel destination management group, who is assisting us in a new way to fight IBD!
- April 27, 2020 - Fundraising goal deadline
- May 7-10, 2020 - Event weekend for all hike distances
- 8 to 12 week training plan, virtual training calls and guide support
- Personal fundraising website and fundraising resources
- Full-time Foundation staff support to help you reach your goals
- Lodging accommodations
- Park site entry fees, individual hiker permit fees
- Select meals throughout the weekend
- Team Challenge gear
- Certified hiking guides
- The experience of a lifetime
*Hike distances are subject to change due to weather and/or permits*
- This experience offers two days of hiking the Appalachian Trail, a total of 18 miles. Hikers of all skill levels will find success in this trek with our ability to cater to those who are brand new or experienced and looking for more of a challenge .
- Day 1 - White Oak Canyon and Cedar Run Trail - dozens of waterfalls, river crossings, beauty galore
- Day 2 - Old Rag Mountain - cross crevasses, climb over boulders, and summit
To see a detailed itinerary for event weekend HERE.
- The Fundraising commitment for the Appalachian Trek is $4,900.
- Unlike other Team Challenge events, all registered participants for this event must commit up front to raising $4,900. If you register, you will be asked to provide a credit card during the registration process. Charges for the fundraising minimum will not be made until the Final Fundraising date, April 27, 2020 and only if you have not met your fundraising goal.
- The Fundraising goal deadline is April 27, 2020, anyone who has not raised $4,900 by April 27, 2020 will be charged the difference of what they have raised and the minimum.
- Participants will have 30 days after the hike to continue fundraising. There will be one reimbursement round on June 7, 2020 for those who raise additional funds and request a reimbursement.
- There are no drops or transfers - when you register you are committed to meeting the minimum. Please reach out before registering if you have any questions.
Feel free to contact the Hike Manager, Brianne Creedon!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (646) 285-8022