Hike the Grand Canyon
Make a difference in the fight against IBD
More than 17,000 people have crossed the finish line in orange for a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, triathlon, IRONMAN®, and cycle event… and now, you can join us as Team Challenge takes on the Grand Canyon fall 2020! Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast and experienced camper, or you’re new to the trails, we have a hiking option for you, including certified guides who will take you on an epic experience at the iconic Grand Canyon National Park!
Below are all the details for this experience of a lifetime. Due to limited availability, this is a first come first serve opportunity and spots do sell out quickly. Please review the information below in detail, as this program works slightly different than a typical Team Challenge event.
About The Hike
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has partnered with Adventure Fundraising, a hiking and adventure travel destination management group, which is assisting us in a GRAND way to fight IBD! There are three different levels of distance/difficulty to participate in. Each level will have a limited number of hikers and one or two guides accompanying them.
- November 2019 - Registration opens
- September 20, 2020 - Fundraising goal deadline
- October 2-5, 2020 - Event weekend for all hike distances
- November 5, 2020 - Reimbursement round for any final fundraising charges
- 8 to 12 week training plan, virtual training calls and guide support
- Personal fundraising website and fundraising resources
- Full-time Foundation staff support to help you reach your goals
- Hotel and/or camping accommodations
- Park site entry fees, campsite fees, individual hiker permit fees
- Select meals throughout the weekend
- Team Challenge gear
- One to two park certified hiking guides for each distance/difficulty level
- The experience of a lifetime
*Hike distances are subject to change due to weather and/or permits*
- South Rim Adventure (easy to moderate - approximately 9 miles round trip - day hike) 3 nights of lodging
- Plateau Point (moderate- approximately 12 miles round trip - day hike) 3 nights of lodging
- Rim to Rim (extreme - approximately 24.5 - 27 miles round trip - multi-day hike) 3 nights of camping
Detailed itineraries to come.
- The Fundraising commitment for the Grand Canyon adventure (regardless of difficulty level) is $4,900.
- Unlike other Team Challenge events, all registered participants for this event must commit up front to raising $4,900. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a credit card during the registration process. You will NOT be charged or have a hold for $4900 when you register, this card just remains on file until Final Fundraising on September 20, 2020.
- The Fundraising goal deadline is September 20, 2020, anyone who has not raised $4,900 by September 20, 2020 will be charged the difference.
- Participants will have 30 days after the hike to continue fundraising. There will be one reimbursement round on November 5, 2020 for those who raise additional funds and request a reimbursement.
- There are no drops or transfers, we have to provide the National Park with names and payments well in advance and for this reason, no drops are permitted as we cannot fill your spot.
Feel free to contact the Grand Canyon Team Manager, Nicole Kittelson!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (646) 899-0601
Thank you to our sponsors: